Pictured left to right: Lauren Bryson, Focus Central Pennsylvania; Jennifer Myers, Chamber of Business & Industry for Centre County (CBICC)-Incoming Focus Central PA Chair 2018; and Robert Postal, Mifflin County Industrial Development Corporation (MCIDC) – Outgoing Chair.
Shamokin Dam, PA – At the annual meeting of Focus Central Pennsylvania (Focus) Board of Directors the outgoing Chair Robert Postal was recognized for his leadership for many years and contribution to the mission of Focus. Election of Officers and Board of Directors for Focus was held and they are pleased to announce the incoming Chair for 2018, Jennifer Myers, Vice President of Economic Development for the Centre County Chamber of Business & Industry in State College, Pennsylvania. As vice president, Jennifer focuses on building private-sector strength in the local economy by assisting local companies and actively seeking out opportunities to bring new jobs and wealth to Centre County.
Robert Postal, outgoing Chair will be moving on to focus his attention on his duties as Mifflin County Commissioner. Mr. Postal said ““After many stimulating and enjoyable years, my personal involvement must end. I’ll continue to support collaboration among the partners; I believe that we all benefit even if only one does in the short term. The dedication of our staff and the Board with the new Chair will guide Focus to great achievements.”
“I’m honored to have been chosen as the next chair of the Focus Central PA Board of Directors,” Myers said. “Rob Postal has been a terrific leader of the board, and it has been a pleasure working with him and the Focus Central PA team over the past several years. As I assume this new role within the organization, I look forward to continued collaborations with regional economic development partners that share the goal of bringing new jobs and new business investment to central Pennsylvania.”
Focus Central Pennsylvania has a renewed mission to attract and support expansion of capital investment that creates quality career opportunities for the families of Central Pennsylvania. The emphasis on capital investment is driven by the fact that jobs are created when capital investment is put to risk. Focus proudly promotes to the world the seven contiguous counties that partner as a strong region to include Centre, Mifflin, Snyder, Union, Northumberland, Montour and Columbia counties.
Focus Central Pennsylvania Officers and Board of Directors for 2018.
Jennifer Myer, Chamber of Business & Industry Centre County (Centre County) – Chair
Eric Winslow, Citizen’s Electric Company (Union County) – Vice Chair
Larry Eckstine, SIDCO – Hepco Construction, Inc. (Snyder County) – Treasurer
Lauren Bryson, Focus Central Pennsylvania, Executive Director – Secretary
Members of the Board of Directors
Northumberland County Planning Department
- Don Alexander, Northumberland County Planning Department
- Kathy Jeremiah, Northumberland County Planning Department
Susquehanna Industrial Development Corporation (SIDCO)
- Larry Eckstine, SIDCO – Hepco Construction, Inc.
- Robert Grayston, Grayston Enterprises LLC
- Chris Young, Columbia County Commissioner
- Vic Klein, Columbia Montour Alliance for Economic Growth
- Jennifer Wakeman, DRIVE
- Harold Hurst, Greater Danville Area Industrial Development Corporation (GDAIDC)
Union County Economic Development Corporation
- Shawn McLaughlin, AICP, CPRP, Union County Planning & Economic Development
- Eric Winslow, Citizens’ Electric Company, Union County Economic Development Corporation
Mifflin County Industrial Development Corporation
- Nick Felice, Mifflin County Industrial Development Corporation
Chamber of Business & Industry Centre County
- Jennifer Myers, Chamber of Business & Industry Centre County (CBICC)
- Vern Squier, Chamber of Business & Industry Centre County (CBICC)
Board Level Investors
Railroad Partners (SEDA-Cog Joint Rail Authority & North Shore Railroads)
- Joe Kantz, North Shore Railroad
- Jeff Stover, SEDA-Cog Joint Rail Authority
Central Pennsylvania Workforce Development Corporation (CPWDC)
- Erica Mulberger, CPWDC
- John Showers, Union County Board of Commissioners
- Jill Collier, Pennsylvania Governor’s Action Team
*DRIVE, an economic development council of governments serving the greater Columbia & Montour Counties region.