Shamokin Dam, PA – Focus Central Pennsylvania has a renewed mission to attract and support expansion of capital investment that creates quality career opportunities for the families of Central Pennsylvania. The emphasis on capital investment is driven by the fact that jobs are created when capital investment is put to risk. Focus proudly promotes to the companies expanding across the world, the seven contiguous counties that partner as a strong region to include Centre, Mifflin, Snyder, Union, Northumberland, Montour and Columbia counties here in Central Pennsylvania as a potential location for their investment and expansion projects.
A key initiative to promote Central Pennsylvania to prospective investors and companies expanding is the Ambassador program that was initiated in 2016 and has grown to have seventeen leaders in the region from various industries throughout the community. These Ambassadors are a select group of community leaders that are proud to tell investors and companies considering the region why they know Central Pennsylvania is a choice location to grow a business.
Focus Central Pennsylvania appreciates the commitment from our partners, investors and Ambassadors. The current list of Ambassadors providing testimonial about the region and their time to support economic growth include:
- Allie Grill, Associate Director, Career Development Center | Susquehanna University
- Philip Campbell, Center Director, Lackawanna College – Sunbury
- Steven Stumbris, Director, Small Business Development Center/Bucknell University
- Tea Jay Aikey, President & CEO, Central PA Chamber of Commerce
- William P. Hayes, Chairman, President and CEO, Kish Bank and Kish Bancorp, Inc.
- Robert A. Garrett, P.E., President/CEO, Greater Susquehanna Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Fred Gaffney, President, Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce
- Mike McMonigal, Supervisor for Adult & Post-Secondary Education,Mifflin County Academy of Science and Technology
- Matthew D. Eckley, LCSW, Executive Director of Operations – Eastern Division, Primary Health Network
- Bashar W. Hanna, President, Bloomsburg University
- Nick Latkovic, Plant Manager, United States Gypsum Company (USG)
- Randy Beiler, Vice President, Pike Rite Inc.
- Shannon Munro, Executive Director, Workforce Development & Continuing Education, Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Ronn Cort, COO & President, SEKISUI Polymer Innovations, LLC
- Don Brominski, Director, Business Development, UGI Utilities, Inc.
- Joe Kantz, Business & Development Manager, North Shore Railroad
- Robert C Zimmerman Jr., President, Zimmermans Chrysler Dodge Jeep & Ram Truck
What are they saying about investing in Central Pennsylvania? Here are a couple of examples…
|SEKISUI Polymer Innovations, LLC has two locations in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania and a third location in Holland, Michigan. In February 2015, SEKISUI SPI announced our purchase of a second facility in Bloomsburg, PA. The 375,000 square foot facility sits on 56 acres and is two miles from our current headquarters. As an $11 billion global company, SEKISUI has choices of locations and industries in which to invest. Strengthening their position here is a direct reflection of our confidence in the North American manufacturing renaissance, which is alive and well in Central PA. Leveraging the strong work ethic that exists locally was a major factor in SEKISUI’s decision to expand and purchase the new building. Ronn Cort, COO & President, SEKISUI Polymer Innovations, LLC
|Central PA offers an intellectually stimulating environment against the majestic backdrop of the Susquehanna River and Appalachian Mountains. The influence of several highly-ranked institutions in our region offer an array of cultural, artistic, and academic opportunities that intersect with and provide opportunity for the local community. At Susquehanna University, I’ve had the pleasure of working with local, talented college students who are eager to contribute to the local economy and with area employers across all industries who are deeply passionate about their work. The Susquehanna University Career Development Center is committed to helping employers and community partners meet their recruiting needs, share resources and expertise, and cultivate opportunities to make a positive impact locally and globally. We will serve as your connector to students, faculty, and other campus partners. We are excited to welcome you to our vibrant community! Allie Grill, Associate Director – Employer Engagement, Career Development Center | Susquehanna University
Focus Central Pennsylvania is part of a committed team in the region that is driving economic development for communities in Centre, Columbia, Montour, Northumberland, Union, Snyder and Mifflin communities. The mission of Focus is to attract and support expansion of capital investment that creates quality career opportunities for the families of Central Pennsylvania. Focus pro-actively connects with site location consultants and companies looking to expand. This work helps our communities become an even greater place to live and work.
For more information about the Ambassador program and the mission of Focus Central Pennsylvania or to learn how you can become involved in this program visit www.FocusCentralPA.org