Industry in Central Pennsylvania
Central Pennsylvania has a dynamic and diverse industry base with over 17,000 businesses. Leading industries in the Central Pennsylvania Region are Health Care and Social Services, Retail, Manufacturing, and Accommodation/Food Services. Key manufacturing industry clusters include Metal Manufacturing; Food Processing; Lumber Products; Plastics; Energy and Logistics.
Top regional employers include Penn State University, State College PA; Geisinger, Danville PA; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Regional; Weis Markets, Regional; Federal Government, Regional; Wal-Mart, Regional; Mount Nittany Medical Center, State College PA; and Knoebels Amusement Resort, Elysburg PA.
Top manufacturing employers include Restek, Bellefonte PA; Ritz-Craft Corporation of Pennsylvania, Mifflinburg PA; Standard Steel, Burnham, PA; Weis Markets, Regional; Con Agra Foods, Milton PA; Wise Foods, Berwick PA; Great Dane, Danville PA; Conestoga Wood Specialties, Beavertown PA; Conestoga Wood Specialties, Bloomsburg PA; and Bolton Metal Products, Bellefonte PA.
Proudly home to Small Business98% of employers have less than 100 employees
Major employers in Central Pennsylvania
Leading Employers and Industries:
The Top 50 Employers and Industries list the largest employers and largest industries ranked by number of employees by County.
- Centre County (State College, Bellefonte Area); Centre County Workforce Profile
- Columbia County (Bloomsburg Area); Columbia County Workforce Profile
- Mifflin County (Lewistown Area); Mifflin County Workforce Profile
- Montour County (Danville Area); Montour County Workforce Profile
- Northumberland County (Sunbury, Shamokin Area); Northumberland County Workforce Profile
- Snyder County (Selinsgrove Area); Snyder County Workforce Profile
- Union County (Lewisburg, Mifflinburg Area); Union County Workforce Profile